Top Ten Strategies to Build Fitness Over Age 40
(1) Move every day!
(2) Anchor your week with at least four strength training sessions
(3) Workout with a professional who can identify & correct under-active & tight muscle groups
(4) Eat a range of protein from both plants (legumes, nuts) & deep ocean (sardines, salmon)
(5) Increase zinc intake – pumpkin seeds, Oysters, dark chocolate, lentils
(6) Eat plant-based oils – coconut, flax, sunflower
(7) Build a periodized program & train with a motivated partner or trainer
(8) Sharply reduce/eliminate empty calories from processed flours, packaged foods, alcohol, breads and crackers, etc.
(9) Allow 5-10 minutes per day for Deep Breathing and Exhalation Training
(10) Consume a lean protein & carb (sweet potato, brown rice) meal within the first 30 minutes following exercise