10 Essential Steps to Detox your Body and Reduce Inflammation
In my book, “The Forever an Athlete Program”, I discuss many strategies for choosing nutrient dense foods, snacks, and recipes which help enhance work focus and physical performance. Additional strategies include the following:
- In the morning immediately following a long trip (or Vegas Weekend), drink warm water with lemon and a pinch of Celtic Sea Salt.
- Drink Yogi Detox Teas with lemon, turmeric spice, and Beet Juice extract. This combination will help cleanse your kidneys as well as provide ample anti-inflammatory compounds. Metagenics UltraInflamX also offers anti-inflammatory effects.
- All week, eat only clean protein with green vegetables (spinach, Brussel Sprouts, egg whites, or salmon, greens and sweet potatoes, steel cut oats with nuts and berries).
- Be sure to sweat every day for a week. Do a long cardio session, weight training session, Yoga, or spin session. If you need a recovery day, enter the sauna.
- Follow your sweat session up with Bulgarian Shower (contrasting warm water followed by 1 minute of cold), to enhance circulation.
- Perform light “twisting” stretching such as seated figure four piriformus stretch. The rotational action essentially helps to “wring out” your essential organs of toxins.
- Drink cold pressed and cold harvested green juices.
- Add coconut water to your regular water drinking. Be sure to gauge your hydration by making sure your urine is clear with a light yellow, rather than neon orange.
- Avoid fried food, excess sugar, simple flours, and added salts in all of your foods. Your body needs to have 2 weeks at least free of excessive inflammatory processes.
- Work out consistently and spend time outdoors, being sure to take full deep breathes.